Sunday, September 10, 2023

Transitioning in Shirtdresses

Hello, and welcome-thanks for stopping by my blog!

Shirtdresses are very popular this fall, and are very versatile for any season
This week I am wearing two shirtdress options from my closet
I hope I can provide some inspiration for styling them for this transitional season
Do you have a shirtdress in your wardrobe? 
It's a great style to help get through the bridge from summer to autumn,
and winter to spring, as well!   

My first outfit this week is a solid color bright blue shirtdress with a bit of a utilitarian look
 It has flapped chest pockets and cuffed sleeves, 
and the hem is curved and longer in the back like a classic men's shirt
 This dress can be worn on it's own, or with a jacket, sweater or vest layer over it
 I like that this one buttons all the way up the front, so it has another option,
 it can also be worn open as a duster


A whole lot of bright blue!


I changed the fabric belt that came with it to a black leather sash, worn obi style
Carrying a black and tan mini bucket bag with tasseled drawcord closure 


I dressed this look up with some bold, gold tone jewelry
A chunky link collar necklace,
two bracelets, a black enamel one and a hinged bar one, and circle earrings 
   

Wearing a black and ivory scarf in my hair with a multi size polka dots print 


Two tone black and tan Mary Janes with low block heels to finish the outfit
They match so well with the bag although purchased at different stores and several years apart
I love it when that happens! 





Another shirtdress, in a very different style for the transition to fall
 This one has flapped chest pockets like the dress in the first outfit
but it only buttons to an elasticized waist
Unlike a classic shirtdress, it has a very full and swishy skirt 
Also, this one is sleeveless, and I have layered it over a short sleeve top 
of the same light tan color as the dress



I definitely was not planning this,
but the resulting outfit turned out to look a bit like a girl scout uniform
Different accessories next time, for sure!


Carrying a red leather satchel bag with silver tone buckle handles


Wearing a wide red belt, simple textured silver tone hoop earrings
 and link design open cuff bracelet  


Accessorizing with a red, white and blue neck scarf


Low wedge slingbacks to finish this casual look



A photo of an outfit from fall 2019
Transitioning in a shirtdress back then, as well! 


Hope everyone enjoys their week!




 

4 comments:

Laura B said...

Love that you added some edge to the blue dress with a leather belt! It's such a pretty color on you!

Sally in St Paul said...

The blue dress looks great with the obi belt, and the matching bag + shoes combo is amazing. I hear you on the "girl scout" vibe of the second dress - it's funny how that happens sometimes, that you channel something you didn't intend. But it's definitely a nice dress too, and seems very versatile!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I never wear shirtdresses! Why I don't know but I also never wear shirts. And shirtdresses are actually so versatile.Especially the last one is very pretty. Love the colours together!

Mica said...

I have tried shirt dresses over the years but haven't found the perfect one for me yet. All of these look so good on you! I really love the matching shoes and bag combo, so cute! And you look beautiful in that blue shade int eh first outfit, it really suits you!

Thanks for joining the Weekday Wear Link up :)