Sunday, December 3, 2023

Embracing the Vest Trend

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Waistcoat style vests reemerged on the fashion scene this past summer
and have really been a strong trend for the fall and winter season, too
I see them all over the internet but strangely, not many in the shops
Sort of like the denim maxi skirt the past summer-very late to arrive in the stores

This week I am styling two waistcoat vests from my closet 
I think this is a trend I can really get on board with!
I love the sweater vest trend that is still going strong also,
and have added a few to my wardrobe 
All types of vests are such great layering options
 Since they are not always readily available,
I will be on the lookout for some more colorful ones!  

My first outfit is a grey one button cutaway style waistcoat, 
vest I have had for a few years
I am wearing it with two purple pieces of the same shade-
a long sleeve knit top and a pleated midi skirt
 



Always up for a twirly skirt
and a long pleated one really delivers on the swish factor!


My sweet husband likes to 
 check his closet to see what he has to match my outfit



To blend with my vintage silk purple and teal scarf 
he chose a Jerry Garcia purple and blue tie,
pretty good eye, right?




I picked out some gold tone jewelry:
A vintage shaggy dog brooch pinned to my vest,
 and large vintage rectangular amethyst colored glass earrings
One more piece, a modern hinged bar bracelet
I like to mix it up! 


Carrying a sixties vintage buckle detail pebble grain dove grey bag


Dark grey cross strap block heel pumps to finish the look
If these look familiar, I have them it taupe, too
I rarely buy things in multiples
 These were purchased two years after the taupe pair,  
 which have become favorites!




My next outfit revolves around another waistcoat style vest
This one is of a different style, with a higher scoop neckline
 and five silver tone buttons up the front
It is a black and white heather fabric with black piping
Worn layered over a rose pink silky shirt
and with classic black straight leg trousers 





I added some feminine details to this menswear look
A white scarf with polka dots in shades of pink,
and a lilac top knot hair band
For jewelry, I went vintage again, with 1950's silver tone stylized star or pin wheel earrings
and a chunky purple plastic expansion bracelet 



Carrying a circular black and white plaid handle bag


These are the same shoes as in the first outfit



 December 1st was my birthday, and I had a very happy one!
Us December borns have one big celebration going on from Thanksgiving to New Year's-
I'm enjoying the ride! 



Lovely bouquet from my dear Roger



Our neighbors are starting to decorate outdoors-I better get going
One neighbor made this wreath with greenery and berries from her garden-beautiful!
I do have the tree up and the lights on it-
so it's a start


Hope everyone enjoys their week!




 

5 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Happy belated birthday Di! I hope you had a wonderful day. The grey vest on the pleated dress is so gorgeous! I am a big fan of pleats.The other look is cool! I like the different styles you wear. And that Roger is often so thoughtful!

Sally in St Paul said...

I enjoyed seeing these menswear vest outfits with a strong feminine aspect - that juxtaposition is a lot of fun. Roger's tie selection was perfect with your outfit. Happy belated birthday from a fellow December birthday girl!

Laura B said...

Happiest of birthdays to you! I love the feminine touch your scarves add to both of these outfits. The vests look fantastic on you!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Fabulous on-trend look. I love the waistcoat looks. I don't have one, and you're right, there aren't many in the shops. I love your husband's matching look! Have a good weekend.

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I'm a big fan of waistcoats and I love how you've styled yours! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com