Sunday, December 17, 2023

Happy Holidays!


Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog
I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season-
I can hardly believe Christmas is almost here!

Green is extra popular this holiday season,
since it is both a big seasonal color, and has been a huge fashion color for 2023, too
What colors will you be wearing over the holidays-
 The traditional Christmas colors of red and green?
 Or maybe the metallics that are so on trend now have caught your eye 
Today, I am going with bright festive green
I love the beautiful lace and scalloped hem on this dress
It is sleeveless, so for winter, I am wearing a jacket layer over top
 

The jacket is perfect for the holidays-
a little dressed up with black piping and a pearl embellished collar



Carrying my black and white pleated fabric clutch
with a dot and heart print,
and wearing and dot print bow hairband


I chose some special jewelry for this outfit
Pearl stud earrings, my hinged gold tone bow bracelet and two vintage pieces from the 1950's
A sweet locket with a pair of love birds etched onto the front, 
and a poodle brooch decked out for Christmas in a red Santa hat
 and decorated with green holly sprigs!
How adorable is that?


Black d'Orsay heels to finish this holiday outfit 


I little red, and a lot of green,
Roger is wearing his Santa tie


My second outfit this week is more casual, but still in the holiday spirit
Wearing a pretty V neck chiffon blouse 
printed with large red roses 🌹  paired with classic black straight leg trousers



Carrying one of my more unusual vintage bags from the 1950's
It is a red leather box bag in an elongated curved shape
I love the fine craftsmanship and details of things the from decades past! 


For jewelry, I chose my red enamel hearts necklace,
shiny silver tone flower shaped stud earrings, 
and a wide criss cross design open cuff bracelet


Black suede bow detail sling back pumps to finish the outfit


Some festive treats-
I made double chocolate muffins for the holidays!



Best wishes for a great week to all of you!













7 comments:

mireille said...

That is a pretty green dress!
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I love those kind a Mary Jane shoes! So lovely and that locket! Love the green dress with the elegant jacket. I have no ide yet what I will be wearing. I always choose that in the morning. I have a new velvet skirt that I want to wear.

Sally in St Paul said...

The green lace is absolutely gorgeous (and you two look wonderful together). The rose print blouse has that combination of richness with a bit of frothiness that is so elegant in the winter. Your vintage handbag collection blows me away; you have the most interesting shapes and colors and textures. I always enjoy seeing the accessories you choose that add so much nice detail to the outfits.

Laura B said...

I love that beautiful green dress! It's a gorgeous shade of green and looks really nice with the blazer! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I haven't decided yet! You have 2 lovely outfits to choose from. Green and red are such perfect colors for Christmas. Love the delicate locket and pretty brooch. It's so nice to see you and Roger together. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I love this dress, the colour and shape is super cute. Thanks for sharing on Chicandstylish. Jacqui xx

Marsha said...

I ended up wearing a black/grey/ivory patterned jersey dress over leggings! It wasn't very festive, but I had to quickly get dressed as the morning got away from me! Your green lace dress is beautiful, and you look quite stunning in it! I love the vintage accessories, too! Visiting from MummaBStylish!

https://marshainthemiddle.com/