Sunday, December 10, 2023

Holiday Spirit-Christmas Will Be Here Before We Know It!



Seasons greetings, and thanks for stopping by my blog today!

The holiday season is passing so quickly, in a whirlwind really,
skipping along from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas,
 and then it is all over until next year (HallowThanksMas?) 

Anyone else's head spinning? Don't forget to make time to really enjoy it all!

This week, I'm wearing two outfits featuring holiday colors, or course!
My first look is a forest green maxi dress with a white floral spray print
An easy choice for the busy holidays-one and done
This dress has a lot of pretty details to make it special all on it's own
It is wrap style and lined, with long sheer sleeves and smocked elastic cuffs
The hem is slightly asymmetrical, shorter in the front
and has a deep ruffled hem-fancy!

 


Adding a little bit of the metallic trend that is so popular right now
  with my bronze clutch bag,
 and wearing a green retro elephant figure clasp belt


I chose sparkly bold golden jewelry to fit in with the festive season
Wide woven collar necklace, gold bead hair band
and vintage 50's/60's graceful leaf shaped earrings


These shoes have been so versatile, which is hard to believe!
They are leopard print sling back pumps with clear sequins attached
They have worn surprisingly well and have a comfortable, walkable 2 1/2" heel
They are from Anne Klein, and have been worth their weight in glitzy gold
This is one of the few brands of shoes that I can confidently order over the internet
because they generally fit.



My second outfit is neutral, with festive accents in red
Can't possibly go through the Christmas season without wearing the color red! ❤️
This is the tan cropped cardigan that I also wore for one of my outfits on my Thanksgiving post
Today I layered  the sweater over an ivory chiffon bow blouse,
and pairing it with a plaid skirt with all around box pleats
The plaid in the skirt is wavy, and reminds me a bit of Christmas ribbon 
 



For jewelry, I followed the ribbon theme with a gold tone twisted bangle
and dangling curved earrings
Also wearing a sweet 1950's vintage brooch
of a puppy holding his red enamel Christmas stocking-so cute!



Carrying a favorite red vinyl 1960's mod box bag



Finishing this holiday look with red suede Maryjanes with bow detail


From our house to yours-Happy Holidays!
🎄🎅🤶


I'll close with some Christmas table decor-the adorable winking Santa pitcher is from the 60's



I hope everyone enjoys the week!






3 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I love that dark green dress - the floaty fabric brings some lightness to the dark color. The skirt is very pretty and I can imagine that it's versatile. The vintage details you add to your outfits are always stellar and add so much interest. This month is just flying by!

Laura B said...

Love these beautiful, festive outfits! That elephant belt is so unique and special! I really like it against your green dress. Hope you are having a good week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful festive outfits! I love the green dress. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com