Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year to you all,
and thank you for taking a few moments during this very busy season
to visit my blog!

Today I will be sharing my New Year's Eve outfit,
and a little bit of nostalgia
 
For the celebratory evening
I chose a bright pink extended sleeve lace blouse
and a very special vintage 1950's circle skirt




The fabric of the skirt is a swishy taffeta with
strings of multi colored applied sequins randomly swirling through the print-so fancy!
I wonder who wore this special skirt first, and for what occasion?
It is fun to imagine 
 



Here is a close up of the details on the skirt,
the sequin strings are a little hard to detect in a photo,
but they sparkle in real life!

 

Here it is spread out-it is a full circle, as was the height of fashion
during the late 40's and early 50's!


Carrying my magenta bag with stylized gold trimmed bow,



and picked out sparkly gold tone jewelry, of course!
A beaded hairband, a chunky open wave design cuff bracelet,
and curling drop earrings


Magenta kitten heel slides to finish this holiday outfit



Here is a little bit of nostalgia for my last post of 2023!
Roger and I meet at the beginning of 1991
at a party at a studio that taught ballroom dancing
He was taking lessons at the studio at the time
 I had joined my roommate Megan to the studio's Friday night dance party,
where a mini Waltz lesson was being taught for anyone who wanted to join in
 Megan wanted to learn to dance the waltz for her upcoming wedding,
( I went along for moral support,
 as the groom to be was not quite yet on board for a wedding waltz)
As it turned out, Megan learned the basics of Waltz,
and I met the love of my life!
 


We went  ballroom dancing a lot during our early years of dating


Hope everyone has a lovely evening ringing in the New Year, 
wherever you are and however you are celebrating,
And best wishes for a fantastic 2024!

Just to let you know, next week I am going to start posting on Tuesdays,
instead of Sundays, hope to see you here!







 

 

3 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

How can your new year go wrong when you step in it in such a gorgeous outfit! Happy New Year to you and Roger! Lovely story of how you two met.Gerben and I met a year later!

Laura B said...

What an incredible skirt! It makes me want to twirl! Hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and good start to 2024!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

What a glorious outfit for New Year's Eve. The skirt is so beautiful. I can imagine it glittering as you twirl around. It was lovely to read about how you met Roger. All the best for a fun filled 2024.