Monday, January 22, 2024

Houndstooth Pattern-Large and Small

Hi, I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend,
and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

This week I am layering up two outfits in houndstooth check patterns,
both in a favorite winter color combination of red, white and black
Since it is the last week of January, which is usually the coldest month of the year for us,
 woolly houndstooth pieces seemed just right for the below freezing temperatures
Do you have any favorite, go-to seasonal color combinations?

My first outfit, is a knee length jumper dress in a large black and white houndstooth check
Layering a cozy bright red long sleeve ribbed turtleneck underneath
to give the outfit a bit of a retro 60's vibe,
 because that is the direction this dress was taking me!
 



Carrying a camel tan croc embossed handle bag


For jewelry, the gold tone initial necklace has a throwback look with this outfit,
and my red plastic expansion bracelet is vintage from the 50's
More touches of red in crafted heart shape stud earrings


Two tone black and tan slingback MaryJanes to finish the outfit


 

For my second look this week, I am wearing a wool blend short double breasted jacket
with a very different houndstooth look 
The pattern is very small and subtle 
It is black and white, like the one in the first outfit,
 but comes across as grey at a distance
Pairing it with a red mock neck ribbed top
and a dark grey heather skirt with center front zip detail 




You have seen this favorite 60's mod vinyl bag before
I have been choosing it a lot lately, it just seems right with almost everything
Wish I could time travel back to the 60's to buy it in every color it came in!


Love to mix vintage and retro with new
especially in my jewelry and accessories
For this outfit, I picked out the same 50's red expansion bracelet,
with 60's silver tone wing shaped clip on earrings
and a current hammered silver tone collar necklace 



Grey suede cross strap block heel pumps to complete the outfit


The lovely Tundra swans that migrate to the Chesapeake Bay
for the winter are a joy to watch during the winter months!



 Hope you all stay warm, and enjoy your week!




 

3 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I've been wearing a good bit of black, white, and red this winter too - it's a classic combo that feels very winter to me. I don't have any hounds tooth clothes right now, just one scarf that I need to pull out and wear, so thanks for the inspiration!

Laura B said...

I love the classic houndstooth print! That houndstooth dress is especially cute on you! I would wear it in a heartbeat. It looks so good paired with red!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I have always loved Pied de Poule, as we say here, a lot! My grandmother wore it often in the 70s and I loved it back then! Beautiful jacket Di!