Monday, January 15, 2024

Pleather and Faux Suede

Hello and welcome-thanks for stopping by my blog today!

January is here, along with the truly wintery weather-
 Unless, of course, you are fortunate enough to live in the southernmost regions of the US
or in the southern hemisphere  
Where I live, in Maryland, the winters are relatively mild (compared to the northern states)
We usually have continued temperatures below freezing for about ten weeks,
with January and February being the coldest months šŸ„¶
So now is the time when I pull out my heaviest fabrics, 
like leather, suede and their faux counterparts
So many advances have been made in pleather and faux suede 
in recent years, with lighter versions of these textiles
that can be worn all year round. Think of the recent leather shorts trend!
How about you, do you have any lightweight leather or faux suede
that you wore during the past spring and summer season? 
Any favorite pieces this winter season? 


My first outfit for this post
is built around a pleated faux leather midi skirt in burgundy 
I wore it with a high contrast black and white grid pattern blouse,
under a black semi fitted blazer style jacket with pleather trim and zipper collar detail



Since all things silvery and metallic are trending this winter
I chose lots of silver tone jewelry and accessories to complement this outfit
A unique leather and metal wide cuff bracelet I purchased on Etsy,
and a hammered silver tone collar necklace with grey quartz stone back to front earrings


More silver in an old favorite quilted metallic satchel bag
and metal bar decorated grey leather belt


I picked out chunky footwear for these heavier fabrics
Cordovan color block heel loafers to finish the outfit




My second outfit this week combines both faux leather and faux suede worn together!

Wearing a light, dusty green A-line pleather dress layered under a tan faux suede jacket 
  I wore this dress with a short sleeve blouse under it,
  in a post about muted color tones back in the fall





Carrying a pinkish nude structured bag
to lighten up the look,


and to blend with the pastel pink shades in my neck scarf
For jeweley, I choose a gold tone hinged bar bracelet
and circle earrings


Tan cross strap block heel pumps to finish the look,
in keeping with the light neutrals of the outfit



Stay safe and warm and enjoy your week!

 

7 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

The burgundy pleated skirt is gorgeous, so perfect for winter! Layering up the faux leather/suede pieces is a great idea, and I love the non-traditional color scheme that has some wonderful spring aspirations (I'm wearing spring colors today myself, needed on this 0F winter morning).

Laura B said...

I love that stunning green dress! What a different color that you normally see in leather or faux leather. And it's a gorgeous shade of green, too. These are both really cute outfits on you. Stay warm!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love your pleather looks. You make it look very stylish. I have 1 pleather item, a gold skirt. I've always tended to think of pleather as metallic, black leggings or coats. The silver jewelry looks great with the skirt. Stay warm and enjoy the weekend!

mireille said...

Metallics: I need more in my closet! I love anything that adds texture and color and that is a fun way to make winter outfits interesting.

Jessica Jannenga said...

Both looks are so stylish and I love the burgundy faux leather skirt. The second look is so soft and beautiful .I have a fair amount of faux leather and a few suede moto jackets. I love taking out the faux leather trousers or pants now. It is pretty cold here in Charlotte.
Have a lovely Sunday!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I used to love pleather.. But as I have a white couch and it stains on it I don't wear it anymore. But still loving it. That pleated skirt is superb! I adore pleated skirts or dresses! And what a colour! It's finally in the double digits here for a few days. What a relief, it was soooooo cold!

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love the pleated skirt! The second outfit is really pretty, a nod to spring with the soft colours but warm enough for the colder temperatures. Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com