Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Black is Back

Wishing each and every one of you a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

The color black has been big on the runways for this fall and winter season,
so I chose two predominantly black outfits for this first post of 2024
Will you be wearing the color black this season?
Or maybe mixing some black accessories into your outfits?
I thought the short sleeve graphic black and white sweater 
presented the perfect message and mindset to start off the new year!
Spread kindness and love ❤️, take time to smell the flowers 🌸, 
(plant some too, if you are able, I think mother earth would greatly appreciate some TLC), 
and strive for harmony and balance in all the diversity and wonder of the world!


The black skirt I am wearing is a soft and cozy wool one from the 80's 
  


Carrying my favorite unusual mod red vinyl handle bag 
from the 50's/60s with great silver tone metal hardware!  


I added some more popping red accessories, as I am prone to do
Red wired tie worn around my neck, fashioned into a sort of rosette,
as roses are another big trend this year
Hand crafted red heart earrings, a  peace symbol ☮️ red leather bracelet  
with a silver tone hinged sphere bracelet  


Black suede pointed toe block heel slingback to finish the outfit



Another graphic black and white outfit to start the new year
A cropped cardigan with a swirling print reminiscent of the psychedelic 60's! 
Worn over a base of black:  Ribbed knit tank and high waisted flared denim jeans 



Another favorite vintage bag, from the 60's
that I carry quite often
It's unembellished simple shape goes with many outfits



I chose some organic shaped silver tone jewelry to compliment the swirling pattern of the cardigan
Hinged collar necklace, love knot bracelet and large hoop earrings


A few more accessories to add to the retro 60's feel of the outfit
Black and white print head scarf and wide red woven leather belt



The outfit accessorized in this style seemed to call for some chunky shoes,
and these cordovan block heel loafers are the closest thing in my wardrobe
I could come up with


Hope everyone has a good week and a great start to the new year!

 

6 comments:

Laura B said...

I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start! I'm loving the retro/vintage vibe of your outfits! Although I'm still not sure if I consider 1980s to be retro or vintage yet. Haha! That first sweater is so cute!

Mica said...

I love the pops of red with the black and white! I like bright accessories with neutral black and white outfits like you have here :) I don't have that much black in my wardrobe, but a couple classic pieces I reach for often! :)

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh you know how I love black clothing and I think you look absolutely stunning in both outfits. The top of the first one is fantastic!Black really suits you well, which surprises me because you are a blonde!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You're right about black being on trend - I've never seen so much of it online! I love it with red, it's such a harmonious balance. Love the sweater! Fantastic message. I'm trying not to buy any more black because it doesn't suit me now but I'm so tempted! Thanks for linking Di.

Sally in St Paul said...

I adore black, white, and red together, and was happy to include these colors in my fall/winter capsule. The fact that both red and black are on trend right now makes this a great time to pull out these pieces. The graphic element of these sweaters is terrific, and the pops of red are just right. Love that the black skirt is a vintage piece that works perfectly in the outfit.

Anonymous said...

SP Kingstown's embrace, becomes a hub for collaboration. Pune's tech brilliance intertwines with SP Kingstown's inventive spirit, birthing breakthroughs that redefine the boundaries of possibility. The portal, a gateway between two worlds, signifies more than a physical connection; it symbolizes the endless potential when tradition and innovation dance in unison.
https://topresidentialproperties.blogspot.com/2024/02/kingstown-project-book-on-site-and.html?zx=714c2fe2b64f0e96