Monday, August 31, 2026

Labor Day Weekend Upcoming!

 Hello, and thanks for joining me on my blog today!
 
 Labor Day weekend is on it's way,
and with it, the unofficial end of summer

This dress is the star of a cool and simple
 end of summer holiday weekend outfit
 It is a navy blue and white striped jersey,
with short sleeves
The style is faux wrap, with a sash tie
 The top half of the dress is horizontally striped, 
and the skirt is diagonally striped to add interest





 It would be great if the warm temperatures
 would linger a little longer
In the Coastal Mid-Atlantic region where I live,
 we have what is known as Indian summer (sometimes),
 when the weather is just perfect
and the outfits are easy like this one!

Do you get this lovely transition period of weather 
between summer and fall where you live?




 It's not too hot and not yet getting that nip in the air
 that signals fall and requires thoughts of layering 
It is the time of year I love the most!
It is a favorite time of year for Roger also,
 as he is from central California
Indian summer here
 mimics the weather of the region where he grew up
A California boy, he only came
 to the east coast as an adult
His first year here with four distinct season
was quite a shock and a change
to adapt to!


 Sometimes we get this long glorious string
 of beautiful weather days in September and on into October,
 and sometimes it only lasts a few weeks
 I am hoping for the former this year!

 It seems everything suddenly changes
 once Labor Day weekend is over 
 It is the ending of vacation time for most 
 of the population en mass, with nearly everyone in a stir, looking forward to starting their fall activities
 And of course, take stock of their autumn wardrobe
 I don't do an official seasonal switch until mid October usually,  but of course, I am thinking about what fall fashion will look like
In a future post I might talk about the Pantone colors 
for fall and winter-it's an odd lineup! 

Anyway, for a bag with this outfit I chose this bright red
 fabric tote that converts to a fold over clutch
 It is is a very handy bag to have, as it can really be stuffed full, or it can look quite dressy when folded over as a clutch-
I will take one in every color please!




A few pieces of simple silver tone jewelry
include loop and knot earrings and a hinged knot bracelet
These were not purchased together, but years apart,
but they look almost like a set!


For shoes my red and white striped espadrilles with red ribbons this will probably be the last time I wear them this season as they are quintessential summer shoes



Roger and I are matching in red, white and blue for the holiday 


Hope everyone has a great long weekend!













No comments: