Monday, August 1, 2022

Summer Whites with Brights


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

White is the perfect color (or lack of color) for beating the summer heat
Wearing white and light colors seem just right for hot weather,
as it truly helps us feel more cool and comfortable, due to the light reflecting properties 
I like white all by itself, but it is also a great choice to mix with all of the 
 bright colors of the season for a very sun-shiny look☀️

I purchased this dress back in the spring
 The prairie style has been very popular all season and for several years running
It is a great choice for summer, with a loose and easy fit 
 Another plus is it is made of breathable cotton fabric 
 This dress also has lots of nice details like sweet puffed sleeves and of course, a long tiered skirt
Win-win! 


A whole lot of reflective white 
with the sun glowing in from the south facing window behind me



This circular straw bag has become a favorite of mine for the summer months  
I love that it is decorated with tiny sea shells,
and is a convertible design with a detachable cross body strap


To add a pop of bright color to all the white,
I am wearing a pink polka dot scarf as a waist sash
For jewelry, I chose my gold tone bow bracelet
and large daisy shaped earrings


White band strap sandals with straw covered block heels
 to finish this summertime look




This next outfit is predominantly white
in combination with two other very popular summer colors, aqua and coral
Wearing a white peasant style blouse under a hibiscus ðŸŒº sprayed
cropped crochet tank vest
I wore this crochet vest over a dress a few weeks ago on the blog
in a post about the color coral
This time, it is paired with a paper bag waist skirt in an abstract print
of red, turquoise and aqua on white   



   


Carrying my go to straw summer bag 



For jewelry I picked out a gold tone disc pendant necklace,
I have been wearing this a lot lately,
with vintage 1980's kidney shaped red enamel earrings 
and a 1950's white plastic expandable cuff bracelet
I like to experiment with mixing up my decades
especially with accessories  



Wearing the same white band strap sandals as the first outfit



A white and bright mix from summer, 2019



More brights! Red-orange in the garden-practically neon!



Hope everyone has a good week!

 

5 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

That crocheted vest is so cute and works perfectly with the skirt!

Laura B said...

Your white dress is beautiful! I love the color you added with the scarf sash. And your colorful skirt is stunning too!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Nice touch to add color via a waist sash! Love your cute straw bag with shell detail. White is so fresh and summery! Thanks for linking.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Like the scarf as waist sash and that circular bag! And the dress with the polka dots and red bag is my favorite. White doesn't look good on me, but maybe I can find something in a cream crinkly cotton fabric.

Mica said...

You wear white so well !I love little white dresses in summer but don't own any myself - I think I wouldn't be able to keep them clean, between my clumsy self and the dog and the kids, haha! The second outfit is more something I'd be able to wear - that's a great skirt :)

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup last week. Hope you are having a nice day :)

Away From The Blue