Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sixties Vintage Summer

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog for a little time traveling today

I mix vintage accessories into my outfits pretty frequently,
but my vintage clothing pieces don't get worn often enough, especially post lockdown

So today, I am styling a few of the fun 1960's era things in my wardrobe 
that have come out of the closet for the first time, in a long time!  

First, an outfit built around a fabulous 1960's Pucci-esque print half slip
That's right, I'm wearing a vintage slip as a skirt
I think it's too pretty to hide!
Th slip is made from a thick opaque Tricot fabric,
and is much less flimsy than some of the current fashion skirts being sold today
Wearing it with a sky blue short sleeve tee, 
and wide white braided belt to hide the elastic waistband
The outfit as a whole doesn't really scream 1960's the way I styled it today,
but there are several vintage elements 





The little white leather pouch is also vintage, from the 60's, 
while my blue and white boldly striped silk neck scarf is current



A mix of old and new in the jewelry in this outfit, too
I chose a 1950's era white plastic expansion bracelet
that I wear a lot during the summer months, 
with a current pair of enamel sailboat earrings and silver tone flower pendant necklace
A mish-mash of decade mixing for sure!


White band strap sandals with woven straw wrapped heels to finish the look



My next outfit is an all out color-fest
 with another wild and wacky psychedelic 60's print-
I love them! 
This print is on a conservative square neck A-line shift dress-
what a contrast between cut and colors




I love the pattern and bright, unreal colors,
and the cute bow and inverted pleat on the skirt


Paired this dress with my bright pink bow bag



and followed the pink theme with my accessories
The dress seems to call out for colorful accessories, as well
Candy pink belt and a neck scarf with polka dots in shades of pink



For jewelry, I chose a bold gold tone asymmetrical bracelet and 
pink irregular shaped stone earrings


Pink slides to finish this lively look



Going just a few years back in time, to 2017,
with a 60's inspired look in a Victoria Beckman shift dress
It is from her Spring 2017 collaboration with Target 



Daisies: The flower of the 60's-
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair


I am currently watching a concert filmed at Wembley Stadium in 1974 
of the group Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
 A very young Joni Mitchell is as a guest performer
Coincidentally, today is David Crosby's birthday and he is 81 years old
As a folk music fan, I so enjoy blast from the past concerts-
they are remarkable and such a treat
I am glad they are archived and available for all to enjoy! 

Hope everyone has a good week!


















 

8 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh my word! I love every outit! That prit on the second one is so appealing! And the black and white one is gorgeous! Also love the white bracelet a lot!

Lovely said...

So cool! The slip dress is beautiful and I love the print on the shift dress.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Laura B said...

I was shocked to see that skirt is a slip! It's stunning and definitely needs to be shown off! And your second dress is stunning too. I love the bold bright print!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

So glad you shared some of your retro pieces. I love the Pucci-inspired skirt! And the print of the dress makes me nostalgic as I can remember my mother wearing a similar style! Hope you have a lovely weekend

Mica said...

That slip is so stunning I'm glad you could let it shine and wear it as a skirt to show it off - such a fun mix of print and colour! It's good you were able to get your vintage pieces out!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a great weekend :)

Away From The Blue

Panty Buns said...

The thick opaque tricot fabric of the half-slip-dress with Pucci-esque print must feel delightful to wear.
The prints on the vintage skirt and dresses look fascinating and gorgeous!
You styled them beautifully in your outfits.

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

Fabulous vintage outfits! The dress is absolutely stunning, I love the print! Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com

Shelbee on the Edge said...

Di, I love all of these vintage inspired looks! The brightly colored dress is so gorgeous! I had that same black and white Victoria Beckham dress! It was one of my favorites but sadly it was much too big after my weight loss and it went out in my closet clean out. I think I bought every single dress in that Victoria Beckham/Target collaboration but they were all too big on me now so they all were passed on! I love the way you have styled yours. So cool! I am featuring this post on tomorrow’s link party.

Shelbee