Sunday, August 21, 2022

Summer sweet spot

 

The end of August and the month of September are such sweet spots weather wise
 in Maryland, the part of the country where I live
I think this is my favorite time of the year here
The intense heat of the earlier summer months is over,
 and yet the chilly fall nip in the air is not yet evident 
I would like to stay right here and savor these magic days with perfect temperatures  
and hold onto them as long as possible!

This week I am styling two bright and cheerful outfits to celebrate this lovely time of year
Let's celebrate everything, right? 

My first look has lots of warm summer color
A pinkish-coral cardigan with an orange grosgrain button placket
tucked into my festive circle and dot print skirt


I've had this skirt for a long time and love it still
It's a happy, colorful mood elevating print


 
A pop of sun-shiny orange in this vintage 60's vinyl handle bag
I love the 60's for all of the wild colors and creative use of textiles


I chose light and simple jewelry,
with a gold tone open cuff bracelet and white handmade glass bead stud earrings
I have been having fun style this white crinkle fabric wired neck scarf/headband
 all spring and summer long


White perforated slip on sneakers ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ to finish the look 




Another outfit in a somewhat similar color combination for this time of year 
This puffed sleeve, ruffle neck top is in an abstract floral and leaf print
 in pink, orange, tan and brown
Worn with straight leg, high waisted white denim jeans


Fantastic flowers and foliage
In my wardrobe the flowers never stop blooming-no matter what the season!



Carrying my orange tweed fabric chain strap bag


Accessorizing with summer beach theme jewelry
A two tone butterfly necklace, silver tone dolphin bracelet
and coral color starfish earrings


These cork sole wedges with tan leather criss cross vamp
are summer favorites
They are so light and comfortable to wear
It's items like these that I am sorry to see show wear
because they are so indispensable  



Orange ๐ŸŠ is a bit of a theme for this post

What I was wearing at the end of summer 2019-
  a bold orange floral print skirt



Some giant red-orange poppies-
I love these delicate  late summer bloomers!



Hope everyone has a good week
What are your thoughts about the changing seasons?
I have friends in both camps-
 Those who can't wait for sweater season,
 and those who say let's linger here-it's all good!

 





 

5 comments:

Lovely said...

I adore the first outfit. The skirt is pretty, and the orange bag is fun.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Sally in St Paul said...

Cute outfits, and I know what you mean about cherishing the end of summer weather. The circle and dot skirt is so much fun.

Laura B said...

I'm loving the fun whimsical prints in your outfits on this post! That skirt is super cute and I love the top in your second outfit too! Your orange bag is darling!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

That first skirt is very pretty and I love the perforated sneakers! Enjoy your weekend!

Mica said...

I love the pink and orange together - so cheerful and summery! But the last outfit is my favourite with that pretty skirt! September marks the start of spring here where it stops being so cold in the mornings and evenings and starts to warm up, I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a good weekend.

Away From The Blue