Sunday, August 7, 2022

Summer Paisley Prints

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Paisley has been a trend in the background for the past few seasons,
 and I have seen quite a bit of creative variety in this print, lately  
 I like that paisley is a classic that can be adapted to all seasons
 It is seen in a lot of sizes and colors
and on many fabrics and types of clothing and accessories 
This week I am featuring two adaptations of paisley prints for summer,
in light and breezy warm weather fabrics

My first outfit is a two piece blouse and skirt set
The pieces can be worn separately or together, to give the look of a dress
This paisley print is muted and medium size,
with the shapes in light brown and peachy pinks on an ivory background
I love all the feminine details on this set-
  ruffles on the blouse and smocking on the skirt!






Accessorizing with two favorite staples from my closet-
a bronze metallic bag with convertible strap,
and metallic reptile embossed belt with pink bow 


Gold tone jewelry seemed right with the predominantly brown tones in the print
 I chose large open circle earrings, a two toned yellow and rose gold wrap bracelet
and a disc pendent necklace



Shimmery metallic gold cross strap sandals with woven wedge heels
to finish the look



Another outfit in paisley 
 This time, a sleeveless silk dress with a large paisley print mixed with a smaller border print
 The lightweight fabric and cool tones of blue and blue-green
 on an ivory background are perfect for hot summer days
This dress has a bit of a toga vibe, so I played it up with some of the accessories 



Carrying my little white 60's vintage pouch bag
decorated with a blue and white stylized print scarf as a handle


Wearing minimal summery silver tone jewelry:
My dolphin bracelet and swirling ribbon design earrings 


I chose a matching royal blue crinkle fabric head band and belt for colorful accessories 


Low wedge Grecian style strap sandals in muted gold metallic 
to finish the outfit



August blooms that can take the heat: Moss Roses



Some light and fresh summer picnic food in vintage 60's ceramic dishes



Hope everyone is having a great summer!






 

7 comments:

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

Oh I love those dishes! I have a soft spot for ceramic's from the 50s, 60s,70s, And that second dress is such a beauty! Very elegant.

Lovely said...

Love the silk dress. Moss roses are my favorite. They are easy to care for and the flowers are gorgeous.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

mireille said...

That 2nd dress has a really fun print. I love the contrast of the white with the colorful side.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Carol Benton said...

Paisley prints will never go out of style. These are such pretty dresses!
Carol
www.scribblingboomer.com

Laura B said...

I love the silky scarf look of the second dress, but that first dress is stunning too! Your gold and rose gold bow belt is such a perfect accessory for it!

Olivia said...

Such a lovely article!!!

Love and Wellness
https://wellnessshopland.com

Mica said...

I love that first outfit - it really looks like a dress, and that belt looks like it was made to wear with those pieces! You always know how to accessorise perfectly :)

Thank you for joining the #WeekdayWearLinkup! Hope you are having a good weekend :) We have a birthday party to go to today :)

Away From The Blue