Sunday, October 2, 2022

Neutrals with a Pop of Color

Hello, and thanks for stoping by my blog!

Head to toe neutrals and full on head to toe bright color 
are both trending this fall, at the same time,
so why not mix the two looks?
This week my outfits are predominantly neutral,
but with the addition of a pop of bright color to liven the look up!
Suiting pieces and bold shoulders are also being shown this season,
no doubt because nearly everyone has been dressing very casually,
 and mostly working from home
It looks like the fashion industry is encouraging us to dress up, again 

 My first outfit features a sharply tailored double breasted blazer in taupe
I paired this jacket with navy blue straight leg trousers




To add a bit of color, I am carrying a bright red convertible clutch bag, 


and a favorite 1960s vintage multi color bull's eye scarf in red, blue and mustard



I chose simple, minimal silver tone jewelry for this outfit-
a bold design hinged bracelet and substantial textured hoop earrings 


Navy blue patent leather kitten heel sling backs to finish the look



Next, a seldom worn dress by French Connection,
 that has been in my closet for a long time
This dress seemed like the perfect season spanner when I bought it
  It has a modified boat neck and short puffed sleeves 
that you usually see more on spring and summer pieces 
The dress is in a lightweight cable knit that seemed ready for fall and winter
This dress is trying to be all things at once!
Anyway, styling it up today for fall, with a hot pink sleeveless ribbed mock neck 
layered underneath 




Another pop of pink in my bag


A two toned geometric statement necklace to add interest,
with pink irregular shaped stone earrings and a cuff bracelet
I have this simple bracelet in gold and silver tone
and I wear them both a lot
When I find comfortable bracelets that fit my super small wrists-I snap them up!


Black and white plaid bow pumps to finish, 
and lean the outfit a little further towards fall



Here is picture of my husband and I in this outfit
So happy that he enjoys dressing up and has fun coordinating our outfits
I have been a little slow to appreciate his love of dressing in matching colors-
but I'm catching on!
His shirt is by Tommy Hilfiger, and is royal blue
with bright pink and white stripes
My husband used to sing in a Barbershop Quartet 💈 
and this shirt was part of one of his performance outfits


I hope everyone enjoys their week!







 

6 comments:

Lovely said...

That's very sweet of your husband! You look great in neutrals and I love both these outfits.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

What a lovely photo of the two of you! I never see black as a neutral, perhaps it's because it is my favourite colour!

Sally in St Paul said...

These are both very nice outfits - I really like the scarf + bag with the sharp jacket in the first look, and the plaid heels in the second outfit are so perfect for fall.

Laura B said...

Pink and red are my favorite bright colors to add to outfits! Both of these outfits are so cute!

Mica said...

Oh you and your husband in the coordinating outfits are adorable! How sweet! :) I love using accessories as a pop of colour like you have in the first outfit, although I don't always have a neutral outfit on I love a bright bag or scarf (or both!)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link Up! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

Away From The Blue

Jelena Dimić said...

All your outfits are so well balanced and you chose just the right colors to bring up the neutrals! <3


http://www.couture-case.com/