Sunday, October 16, 2022

Pantone's Lava Falls Red

Hello, and thanks so much for stopping by!

I love Pantone's choice of the color Lava Falls Red for autumn and winter this season

I find red an uplifting and energizing color,
and it is one of my very favorites to wear
The evidence is in my closet,
 and the many blog post photos featuring the color in outfit pieces and accessories
So this week's post featuring Lava Falls Red is an obvious choice!

My first dress can be worn year round,
 but I generally wear it in the fall and  spring
It is a very versatile shirt dress style in a red and navy windowpane check,
with navy blue collar and cuffs
It is one of numerous Tommy Hilfiger pieces in my closet
The designer's signature color combination is red, white and blue
and his style is classic American, so it is a natural match
Layering a red cardigan over the dress for fall  
 






Accessorizing with a neck scarf in a multi color nautical motif 
of red, navy, gold, green and white

Also pictured, simple gold tone jewelry to compliment the outfit
Square stud earrings and a hinged bracelet 


Carrying a navy blue quilted chain strap shoulder bag


All matchy-matchy today with 
navy blue block heel sling backs to finish the look



The name of the color Lava Falls Red prompted me 
to get this dress out to wear
It is an older dress that I don't wear very often, but the print so epitomizes
the name for the current color
It reminds me of lava or flames with the red, orange and hot pink print! 
Wearing a sheer black 3/4 sleeve top underneath to seasonal-ize it




Minimal shiny gold tone jewelry:
a chain link collar necklace and earrings
These pieces are not a set, but they go together very well


Lots of shine today with a black patent leather clutch bag
with bold brushed gold hardware


Black d'orsey pumps to finish the look




Red has been a favorite color of mine to wear for years
Here is a red and pink floral dress layered under a red blazer from fall, 2017
Hard to believe this was five years ago!


An autumn bloom: Gorgeous giant red poppy



Hope everyone has a good week!



 

5 comments:

Sally in St Paul said...

I love navy + red check so that first dress is right up my alley. The "lava" print on the second dress is perfect for the color name!

Laura B said...

If you look this good in red, why wouldn't it be your favorite color?! I especially like the first outfit. I would definitely wear that! Super cute!

Lovely said...

I really liked the print on the second dress. The red and pink floral dress is pretty.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

I like Lava Falls Red - it's a great name, and a good orangey red. Two super dresses, you've reminded me of my red stripe dress which I need to wear more often. Thanks for linking and have a lovely weekend.

Mica said...

I don't wear red nearly often enough - you look spectacular in it! I do have a few red items I wear to add a punch of colour to an outfit, but not a lot of red dresses!

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. It's a very rainy day here!

Away From The Blue