Sunday, April 9, 2023

Soft Tone Layers for Spring-Casual and Dressy


Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog
I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and a great spring break!

This week, I am sharing two outfits in the soft colors that are typical of spring,
although this season, everything goes, color wise
  Pantone choose a mix of super saturated brights,
 (think Viva Magenta and Tangelo),
side by side with soft, muted shades like the Peach Pink 
of the blazer in my first outfit

We are straddling the line between warm and cool
 here in Maryland at this time of year,
so I am still layering, but trying to lighten up my  colors and fabrics
at the same time

Wearing a dusty peachy-pink roll tab blazer under a peach, coral, yellow and white
floral print top
Worn with medium wash boot cut jean
   




Carrying a two tone brown vegan leather and linen fabric handle bag


I chose jewelry to complement the brown color and gold tone hardware on the bag
Large (for me) hoop earrings, a wrap bracelet and the cutest little
artisan made 3-D puppy brooch



Bone color perforated stack heel slides to finish the look



Next, a more dressy outfit, also with a blazer layer
Wearing a ivory sheath dress that has a bit of a Mad Men late 50's, early 60's vibe
The dress has a swirling textured design but it is not very visible in the photo
It is sleeveless, so I chose a chambray blue shaw collar blazer
over it for a color block look, and an added layer of warmth






Accessorizing with a vintage 1960's patent leather clutch
and a pink reptile embossed belt


For jewelry, a flower 🌸 to celebrate the spring season!
A pink rhinestone flower outline brooch with a faux pearl center 
Also, these fantastic 50's vintage pink baguette rhinestone crescent shaped earrings 
They are very special and I love them, but don't often wear them
Dressing up this outfit seemed the perfect occasion for them  


Nude low ankle tie heels to finish the look

  

Soft muted spring tones from 2020



The last of the late blooming daffodils 🌼 
what a joy they are!



Hope you all have a good week!






5 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Beautiful muted colors - dusty peachy-pink, coral, yellow and white in the first outfit. I love the Mad Men vibes of the ivory dress. You could wear it so many ways, very versatile! Hope you've had a lovely Easter. My tulips are starting to flower, and still have some late flowering daffodils to look forward to.

Sally in St Paul said...

The soft colors and floral print of the first outfit is 100% spring. The ivory dress looks wonderful with the blazer. Still too early for flowers here, unfortunately.

Laura B said...

You are beautiful in blazers! I love these looks. The pink earrings and broach are especially pretty accessories! Hope you are having a good week.

mireille said...

Love the blazers and I really like that first one with the jeans.
www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

Mica said...

I really like that second outfit, that blazer is so perfect with the dress, but the first outfit has to be my favourite. I just love blazers and jeans together! :) It's a combination I'm excited to wear more as the weather starts to cool down a little here.

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up!