Sunday, April 23, 2023

Spring Red-y

 

I am more than ready to shed the layers
 and unpack my light spring and summer fabrics,
but will the weather cooperate? 
I hope so 🤞 It's been a late blooming spring, this year  
 I am more than red-y for all the florals,
and of course, incorporating one of my favorite colors to wear-red! 
Both of my outfits this week feature the color red and a floral print

First, a multi color random print floral blouse with a red background
This blouse has a flattering scoop neckline and pretty puffed, ruched short sleeves
Worn with a navy blue flared knee length shirt


A trail of tiny flowers is perfect for spring!


Carrying my navy quilted bag with gold tone chain shoulder strap
  

For jewelry, I chose a sweet bow collar necklace in gold tone and navy blue enamel
with flower shaped (of course!) earrings and a twisted hinged bracelet 


To finish the look, some more bright color-
red faux suede pumps with knotted vamp  



Another outfit featuring the color red and a floral print for spring
A dark red top under a white puffed sleeve blazer,
paired with a skirt that has a multi color floral print 
This skirt is a faux wrap with a narrow ruffled hem 



Carrying a little red leather cross body bag
with multi colored rhrinstones on the flap  


A mix of old and new in my jewelry
Nineties vintage rhinestone decorated turtle necklace and red enamel dot earrings,
worn with a modern love knot hinged bracelet 


Black wide strap block heel sandals to finish the outfit 



All the red in this dressy but simple outfit for a special occasion back in the spring of 2017
A really red dress with an asymmetrical pleated and tucked design



From early April
These beautiful blossoms have fallen from the trees,
and now form a lovely pink carpet on the ground



Hope everyone enjoys their week!





9 comments:

Michelle said...

Red is such a brilliant colour for spring that not many would choose. Great look!

Nancy 's Fashion Style said...

I actually never wear red, strange right. Well not really, I don't wear that much colour. But I can appreciate it on others!

Bojana said...

I am 100% with you on that. The cool weather, and snow in my case, can take a hike. You look stunning in red and it's definitely your color. I am also a big fan of red. It's bold and strong. Can stand all on it's own. I like that.

bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

Sally in St Paul said...

Red is an under-utilized color for spring, but it's a great choice, especially with a pretty floral print!

Laura B said...

Bring on spring! I hear you! These red outfits are beautiful. It's so flattering on you with your light hair!

Claire Justine said...

I love red it is such a great colour. Love these outfits :)

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love the puffed sleeves on the floral top. The deeper red looks very classy with the floral skirt. And the red dress is a real show stopper. Every woman should have a little red dress! Thanks for linking and have a good weekend.

Mica said...

You look so good in red and I love that last statement red dress on you! Red and florals are fun together, but that stylish red dress is such a stunner :)

Thank you for joining the Weekday Wear Link up.

stylesplash@live.co.uk said...

I love those red faux suede mules and your red dress! Thanks for linking up!

Emma xxx
www.style-splash.com